Friday, September 17, 2010

My Book Thus Far

After talking to  Jamie about my book, I'm much more confident about the imagery of my book (type is another story). For my imagery, I am referring to the artwork found in the childrens' story of "Saint George and the Dragon" illustrated by Trina Schart Hyman. My imagery will all be illustrations. If I were to incorporate photographs then my book would not have a cohesive look. A lot of the imagery I have been searching for does not correlate to the Disney princess, but to the classic fairy tales that Disney derived their cult classics from. Along with classic illustrations, I will be using vintage patterns and muted tones; nothing too saturated or bright. An homage, if you will, to the classics.

A little preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment