Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Final Book Covers

These are my final book covers. A bit different from my original intent, but I feel I get my point across in a more subtle way. The concept for my books was to use fruit as a metaphor to the story and to the main characters. The characters all had the potential to be great but their choices led them to their eventual state of dread and nothingness. The actual drawings of the fruit are very gestural to speak of the southern culture, but also to reference the idea that none of the characters are perfect. The very first fruit at the top is never in a state of perfection because none of these characters are flawless. I think one of the most important things I've learned in this process is to have a plan b. I had a very different idea of how these book covers were going to be, but due to technical difficulties, I had to move past it figure out another way to get my same message across. Overall, I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with these covers.







No comments:

Post a Comment