Friday, February 04, 2011

Pleased to Meet You

This assignment was all about introducing ourselves to Tyler and our fellow designers through the use of an index, icon, and a symbol.  I found this assignment rather difficult because I did not know how to represent myself in this way. I usually represent myself through my work and through how well I could accomplish the objectives at hand, which is still applied, but this assignment was a bit different. I had to find an index, a symbol, and an icon that represent me as a person not just a designer.
  
 
 For my index I chose to photograph my coat. I chose this item because it is the coat I wear almost everyday; this coat implies my presence.

The symbol I felt appropriate was this key. This key has been on my key chain for years. I have no idea what it opens or what it leads to but I can not bring myself to throw it away. I feel that perhaps if I keep it long enough I'll find what it leads to. The very idea of this key symbolizes my optimism towards my everyday life.

For my icon I felt that this photograph is representative of me because it clearly shows that I am much too often a hot mess. Yes, hot mess. I've noticed that as much as I'd like to believe that I am well organized and great at time management, I certainly am not. I'm getting better at it, but I somehow always find little mishaps and inconveniences that I cause all on my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment