Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Narrative Process


For a long time, well, longer than I should've been, I was stumped on the narrative that we had brainstorm. I mind mapped for what seemed like forever, but I just couldn't seem to grasp a concept that I was happy with and excited to explore. Then it hit me, out of nowhere (not completely out of nowhere): the idea.

I have decided that the theme for my book will be fairy tales. Not just fairy tales and their existence, but the nature of our relationship with them.  When we were children these stories were a world that we could aspire to have and maybe one day be able to obtain, and as we get older we look back at how we found these make believe stories comforting and magical. These stories were not as innocent or as pure as we had believed them to be and this is what I find the most fascinating.  I feel that I've found a theme that will keep me interested and will lead me to produce a beautiful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment