Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Type Posters

Each of my posters is a very rough idea of the direction I would like to take them.  I felt like I kept dancing with the same ideas, so it was a bit of a challenge to keep a fresh take on each of my posters. 

 
This poster is completely about the type. My concept behind this poster was the quality of communication between parent and child. Many parents speak to their children in baby talk rather than speaking to them in an adult manner. This poster is meant to bring this to light as well as promote bedtime story time between parent and child.  


 
When approaching this poster, my intent was to bring a sense of nostalgia to the parent as well as catch the eye with abstracted iconic story book characters. I wanted to play with the idea of the parent creating a connection with the child over their favorite childhood story and sharing the knowledge of such a story.


 
With this poster, I compared the level of importance of literacy to the importance of food. The idea is to consider reading a daily intake of nourishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment